Sunday 26 February 2012

Dirty Dozen

I'd been thinking all week about something that would make a good topic for a blog but had been devoid of inspiration.  Then I got tagged by @HaggisMummy with a dozen questions for me to answer.  That looks like fun I thought so yesterday morning I answered them and then thought of a list of really good questions for others.  Then the bloody computer shut down without warning or reason and I lost the lot.  So yesterday was spent swearing silently (children repeat everything) and then I went out for lunch with 2 very good friends and forgot about it. So Sunday morning I am back at the 'puter and let's hope it goes better this time and that I remember my amazing questions for my tag!

1.   Movie moment that never fails to make you cry

It's hard to narrow this down as I'm a bit of a weeper.  Sad films always make make me shed tears.  The one that immediately sprang to mine was Goose dying in Top Gun.  I must have seen that film 20 times but I still cry.  I also remember having to be sat forward in the cinema while watching Philadephia so my friend could comfort me as I was doing audible sobs.  Never take me to the cinema to see a sad film - I will embarrass you beyond belief.

2.  Beer, wine or spirits?

Wine, wine and more wine.  I'm not a big beer drinker (much to OH's dismay as he keeps the local real ale shop is business).  I occasionally have a shandy but I don't really like beer.  The only time I've really drunken it is when I was pregnant with my second child and then actually wanted beer along with any savoury food.  I drank cobra zero a lot (that's the no alcohol one in case anyone's worrying).  Spirits I used to drink when I was young, free, single, clubbing and drunk a lot.  Now I have a sloe gin and tonic or possible a scotch but that's really it.  But wine I love and preferably red.

3.  You have to give one up - Chocolate or crisps

This is actually pretty easy as I don't eat crisps that much.  And I could not give up chocolate.  But if you'd have said cheese or chocolate I'd have been crippled by the choice!

4.  Last random act of kindness someone did for you

Yesterday morning OH left me in bed to sleep as we'd had a bad night and been up with our 2 year old daughter a lot.  Whilst OH will get up as soon as he gets back into bed he's asleep.  I, on the other hand, will not settle until I know the child in question is back to sleep.  So I had not had much sleep and haven't been sleeping well for a while anyway.  So he left me in bed and got up with the children.  All parents know what a treat this is!

5.  Beach or pool?

I love swimming.  I have had some of the best fun messing about in a swimming pool with my sister when I was younger and now I have the same fun with my children.  You would not believe it if you met me but I actually used to be a very good swimmer and trained twice a week.  I once swam for my home town.

I do like the sea but I'm a bit phobic about seaweed.  I know.  I'm a grown woman.  I just hate the way the small bits stick to you.  When I was younger and was in the sea I'd been swimming a little way from the shore and some seaweed had floated up to the surface near the shore.  I had to wave at my Dad to bring the lilo in so I could get on it and not get covered with the dreaded stuff.  It makes me laugh when I now see my son fretting about seaweed.  I've never said anything about my phobia to them (I have tried hard not to pass these silly things on) but clearly he has it.  I also get a bit nervous in the sea with big waves as my children are still pretty little (being 4 and 2) so for this reason I'd say pool.

6.  Hairy or smooth?

Definitely smooth.  Whilst stubble looks a bit sexy it messes with my sensitive skin.  If OH kisses me with stubble my face feels like someone set fire to it.

7.  Favourite pudding or the last pudding you ate - sometimes you just can't pick one.

This is actually not that hard.  For me it would be cheesecake every time.  I just love it.  Ask Italian do the most lovely Honeycomb cheesecake.  And chocolate cheesecake combines my two favourite things - cheese and chocolate.  This may explain why I'm not thin.

8.  Least favourite body part

Now this is hard to choose.  There are so many I don't like.  I can only recall a handful of times in my life when I've looked in the mirror and thought "you look good".  Sad but true.  And yes I should do something about it.  It's on the to do list along with finding a window cleaner, sorting out my pantry and various other mundane tasks that I'm avoiding for a variety of reasons (although the main one being that looks really hard).  If I had to choose I'd probably pick my mummy tummy.

9.  Pacino or De Niro

OH is a big mob film fan so I have watched a lot of these and the Godfather is top of his list.  So I'd have to say Pacino.

10.  Activity, sport or hobby that you don't do any more that you miss

Hang on.  Just trying to remember what I did pre-children.  Hmmmmm.  Well I do miss swimming as I used to do that a lot more than I do now and it's the one form of exercise I actually enjoy.  I used to love doing it at the nice healthclub we were members of and having a steam or a sauna afterwards.  It's really not the same at the leisure centre in the baby pool.

I also enjoyed ice skating with my son the other day and would love to do it more and get better at it.

11.  Shouty angry or broody/sulky

I'm hesitating before answering this question.  Because it's a, er, touch embarrassing.  I'm both.  Isn't that awful?  Only with OH though.  With other people I'm dreadful at speaking up when something annoys me (although I have in latter years made a concerted effort to get better as it affected me quite badly).  But when OH annoys me I will blow up and shout.  Then we'll resolve it but I can't just let it go and have to sulk on it for a bit.  He on the other hand, blows up, shouts, apologises and then its done.  It's a better way to be I admit.  I have to keep working on this one I think.

12.  Tweeter who has posts you always make time for

This is really hard.  I genuinely have loved getting into twitter.  I've read some really fascinating things and spoken to some great people.  It's brilliant to be able to share experiences and just read other people's stories.  Plus I read quite a wide range of tweets as I look at legal stuff, parenting stuff and various other stuff (obviously I'm not alone in this as it's the point of twitter I think but it means I have different favourites for different reasons and purposes).  But if I have to pick the top 5 people whose tweets I always look at I would say @MummyBarrow, @MummyMcFi, @ThinkingFox, @SAHDandproud, @MinistryofMum But there are loads of other people whose tweets I enjoy and I love the fact that when you have time there's always someone saying something there.

So that's my dirty dozen done.  Twice.

Now I need to do some questions and tag someone.  Right errrr.........

1.  What book or film do you go back to and watch or read time and time again.

2.  If you had to give up TV, books or internet for a week which one would it be.

3.  What was your best holiday ever?

4.  What would you have for your last meal?

5.  You're going to a desert island and you can only take 1 of the following: Would it be booze, cheese, chocolate, crisps, salad or fruit (I'm not expecting anyone to pick either of the last 2 but who knows!).

6.  What made you start blogging?

7.  If you had to give one piece of advice to someone starting on twitter what would it be?

8.  Early riser or night owl?

9.  Summer or winter?

10.  Person in history (i.e now dead) that you most wish you could've met.

11.  What would you put into Room 101?

12.  If you could have 1 wish granted by a fairy now, what would that be?

2 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake too - I would live on it if I could. I'm perfecting my cheesecake recipe at the moment so making it all the time!!!

    I'm also only moody with my other half! It's weird isn't it? I never stand up for myself with other people though. :-/

    Love your 12 questions. I'll fill them in this evening. Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem. It's always nice tweeting new bloggers. And please share the cheesecake recipes!!

    ReplyDelete